Deeside Gliding Club is currently open to members for solo and dual flying in accordance with Club Covid-19 procedures which all members must be familiar with and abide by. We will be open to the public for trial flights from 17 May 2021 in accordance with these trial flight covid-19 procedures
We will continue to update our website as the situation changes.
Set in the heart of Royal Deeside on the bank of the River Dee, Deeside Gliding Club is ideally placed to take full advantage of the surrounding Cairngorm Mountains to allow for some of the best gliding in Europe.
The club is renowned for being the foremost Wave soaring site in Britain, with the UK altitude record of 38,600 feet being set by a glider flown from our club. Of course you don't need to go that high to enjoy the thrills of soaring with the buzzards.
Once in the air, the Cairngorm National Park provides spectacular views up the River Dee past Balmoral castle towards Braemar and the ski slope of Glenshee and the Lecht. The city of Aberdeen is only 30 miles away allowing direct links to the rest of the UK.
- Scotland’s Youngest Qualified Pilot
- Member achievements during Weekend 8/9th August 2020
- 2020 UK Mountain Soaring Championship (UKMSC)
- Silver Success for Tim Martin
- Bunk Room price changes on 1st March 2020
- Aberdeenshire Sports Council Newsletter – September 2019
- VISITING PILOTS BRIEFING VIDEO
- The Pre-flight Checklist has changed